Spotify is now offering curated Disney content to users in Hong Kong, Southeast Asian, and Taiwan.
On 21 January, the dedicated Disney Hub was launched, offering playlists, soundtracks, and podcasts for Disney fans. Users can enjoy their favourite songs from modern Disney and Pixar films, Asian-language versions of Disney music, and classic soundtracks, to name a few.
“Together with Disney, we’ve curated a magical hub of songs, playlists and soundtracks that is easily accessible for Disney fans of all ages. We’re delighted to partner with Disney to bring this experience to our listeners as we continue to focus on making discovery as seamless as possible,” said Eve Tan, head of music culture & editorial, Spotify Southeast Asia.
In addition to the international playlists, Spotify has also curated a localised Disney playlist for Hong Kong users featuring Asian artist versions, including a rendition of Can You Feel the Love Tonight by Beyonce and Jacky Cheung.
“Music has always been a key ingredient in how Disney delivers magical entertainment and memorable experiences to audiences around the world. With this launch, The Walt Disney Company continues to enjoy an incredible collaboration with Spotify in the region,” commented Tom Batchelor, vice president, studio operations – APAC & Studio – SEA, The Walt Disney Company.
The service is currently available across Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Spotify has also unveiled the Disney Favourites list in Hong Kong. And yes, Let it Go is number one. Apologies parents, but prepare for another round of it invading your skull and refusing to leave.
1. “Let It Go” – Idina Menzel (from “Frozen”)
2. “Speechless (Full)” – Naomi Scott (from “Aladdin”)
3. “A Whole New World (End Title)” – ZAYN, Zhavia Ward (from “Aladdin”)
4. “A Whole New World” – Alan Menken, Brad Kane, Lea Salonga, Tim Rice – (from “Aladdin” / Soundtrack Version) 5. “How Far I’ll Go – Alessia Cara Version” – Alessia Cara (from “Moana”)
6. “Try Everything” – Shakira (from “Zootopia”)
7. “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” – Agatha Lee Monn, Katie Lopez, Kristen Bell (from “Frozen”)
8. “I See the Light” – Alan Menken, Glenn Slater, Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi (from “Tangled” / Soundtrack Version)
9. “Love Is an Open Door” – Kristen Bell, Santino Fontana (from “Tangled” / Soundtrack Version)
10. “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” – Randy Newman (from “Toy Story”/Soundtrack Version)