Customer experience is Hong Kong and Singapore’s barometer for marketing success according to the latest - and fifth - edition of Salesforce’s State of Marketing report
The report is based on the responses of more than 4,100 full-time marketing leaders surveyed worldwide, across North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe. According to Salesforce, the study reveals that as marketers attempt to leverage AI and data sources, they are coming into conflict with privacy concerns and customer trust challenges
As an example, Salesforce cites that though AI in marketing has grown at a 44% rate since 2017, only 30% of marketers are completely satisfied with their ability to balance it with privacy.
Some of the regional specific findings for Hong Kong and Singapore include:
Marketing becomes the cross-functional glue of customer experiences
- 35% of Hong Kong marketers and 42% of Singapore marketers say that marketing leads customer experience initiatives across their businesses
AI and trust underpin customer experiences
- In Hong Kong, 26% of Hong Kong marketers use AI and 17% of marketers use voice-activated personal assistants in marketing efforts
- In Singapore, 31% of marketers use AI and 26% of marketers use voice-activated personal assistants in marketing efforts
Marketers report personalisation ROI across the customer journey
- 79% of Hong Kong marketers and 84% of Singapore marketers say personalisation improves their overall marketing program
Marketers realize the importance of prioritizing privacy, but some struggle to deliver
- In Hong Kong, 32% of Hong Kong marketers feel challenged to balance personalisation with privacy, and 33% of marketers say they go beyond regulations and industry standards to protect customer privacy
- In Singapore, 32% of marketers feel challenged to balance personalisation with privacy, 37% say they go beyond regulations and industry standards to protect customer privacy
New realities up the ante for data unification
- 37% of Hong Kong marketers and 48% of Singapore marketers report having a completely unified view of customers’ data sources
Marketers strive for real-time engagement across channels
- 44% of marketers in Hong Kong say they engage customers in real-time across one or more marketing channels.
- In Singapore, 57% of marketers report the same.
Real-time data analytics on the rise across both markets
- In Hong Kong, the top three metrics tracked by marketers are revenue growth, customer retention rates and sales effectiveness
- The top three metrics tracked by Singapore marketers are revenue growth, customer satisfaction metrics and sales effectiveness