Pepsi has teamed up with Santa and actress Lindsay Lohan, fresh off her holiday hit film, Netflix's Falling for Christmas and recently released rendition of "Jingle Bell Rock," to encourage all to enjoy "Pilk" – the trend of combining pepsi and milk – in a new #PilkandCookies challenge to win holiday cash.
This comes as Pepsi is giving milk and cookies – a favorite tradition to leave out for Santa – a surprising and naughty new twist with the introduction of Pilk and Cookies. Pilk is a drink that combines the crispness of Pepsi with the subtly sweet and creamy taste of milk, traditionally topped with creamer, and it pairs perfectly with cookies. Known in pop culture as a "dirty soda," this trending combination has grown over several decades and has recently gained viral fame on TikTok, according to the release.
Starting today through 25 December, Pepsi is inviting fans to join the naughty list with the #PilkandCookies holiday challenge, giving 25 lucky fans the chance to win cash for their holiday gifts.
"Partnering with Pepsi to announce Pilk and Cookies has been an incredible experience," said Hollywood star Lohan. "As someone who loves the holiday season and embracing new traditions, I was thrilled to have a little bit of fun with Pepsi and their take on the dirty soda. For people learning about Pilk for the first time, I won't lie to you when I say I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of this pairing, but after my first sip I was amazed at how delicious it was, so I'm very excited for the rest of the world to try it."
"Combining Pepsi and milk has long been a secret hack among Pepsi fans. Now with the rise of the 'dirty soda' trend on TikTok and throughout the country, we thought Pilk and Cookies would be a great way to unapologetically celebrate the holidays with a new and delicious way to enjoy Pepsi this season," said Pepsi’s chief marketing officer, Todd Kaplan.
Pepsi has written up some recipes for those that do not know where to start when concocting their own Pilk,
- The Naughty & Ice: For a pure milk taste that's infused with notes of vanilla, measure and combine 1 cup of whole milk, 1 tbsp of heavy cream and 1 tbsp of vanilla creamer. From there, pour the mixture slowly into 1 cup of Pepsi – the brand's hero product – and consume it alongside a chocolate chip cookie.
- The Chocolate Extreme: Blend 1/3 cup of chocolate milk and 2 tbsp of chocolate creamer together, transfer the mixture to 1 cup of smooth & creamy Pepsi Nitro to enjoy the richness of the flavor atop of a frothy foam head. This "Pilk" will satisfy the chocoholic in you, especially by pairing it with a double chocolate cookie.
- The Cherry on Top: A hint of cherry always sweetens the deal. Combine ½ cup of 2% milk, 2 tbsp of heavy cream and 2 tbsp of caramel creamer. To bring the complex flavors to life, place the mixture into 1 cup of Pepsi Wild Cherry while pairing the drink with a gingerbread cookie.
- The Snow Fl(oat): An oatmeal-based cookie loaded with raisins is sure to complement an oat milk "Pilk." Start by taking ½ cup of oat milk and adding 4 tbsp of caramel creamer. Then, slowly pour the sweet mixture into a glass filled with 1 cup of Pepsi Zero Sugar.
- The Nutty Cracker: Combine ½ cup of almond milk and 4 tbsp of coconut creamer and place the mixture atop a pool of smooth & creamy Nitro Pepsi Vanilla. For true richness, pair with a coated peanut butter cookie.
Other than Pepsi, other brands such as Disney and MAC Cosmetics are also celebrating the holiday season. Disney unveiled a special pop-up at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur for the first time as part of the Season of Wonder campaign. Besides a showcase of Disney collectibles and merchandise, 12 limited-edition Doll designs such as Jasmine, Snow White, Tiana and more will be featured.
While MAC Cosmetics partnered up with the Museum of Ice Cream and showcased its new holiday collection in early November. MAC has long been a leader in the makeup and cosmetics industry, which dovetails perfectly with Museum of Ice Cream, well known for its creative and Instagram worthy rooms. Both now come together to celebrate their unique selling points in their respective industries.
Pepsi ropes in football icons Messi and Ronaldinho for latest football film
Apple Music scores touchdown overthrowing Pepsi as Super Bowl Halftime Show sponsor
PepsiCo Southeast Asia appoints Publicis Groupe as its media agency
PepsiCo remains open to increasing prices as it raises revenue outlook
Pepsi gets messy in latest food-porn style APAC campaign