VML Southeast Asia & India has added on a Global Advisory Services practice as part of its ongoing growth plans in the region. The agency has brought on board digital veteran, Oliver Eriksson, to spearhead the practice.
According to the agency, in order to take advantage of this shift in the marketing services industry, VML has decided to start pushing for work usually associated with the traditional consulting firms. Global Advisory starts at a level above the typical brief – it will help clients answer questions such as
- "We have a large number of digital initiatives in play, but no overarching strategy that connects them. Where should we be investing and why?”
- “Our technology platform is out of sync with our marketing priorities; can you help us get IT and the global marketing teams together to solve this and devise a common roadmap?”
- “We need your guidance developing a board-level presentation on a multi-year vision for the future of digital, can you assist?”
- “What are some new ways we can build engagement with our customers and prospects? Can you help us create new products and services powered by digital technology?”
- “How can we optimise our route to market to more efficiently sell our products and services?
With over 20 years of digital industry experience, Eriksson will collaborate with senior clients, VML’s client engagement leadership, as well as its strategic planning and Insights teams, to better understand the business landscape, develop strategies to meet clients’ digital transformation objectives, and activate the agency team to deliver the new offering to clients.
Eriksson will be based in Singapore and will report to Tripti Lochan, CEO – VML Southeast & India.
Lochan said, “In this next phase of growth for VML, we are extremely excited to have a highly experienced digital practitioner like Eriksson join us to lead this new service offering for the agency. We look forward to deepening our engagement with current clients, and adding clients who are looking for digital to drive business transformation in the region, fueled by Eriksson’s expertise.”
Eriksson first joined VML in 2011, and served as head of strategy for VML London, prior to this appointment. He has led the digital strategy for clients such as Bentley, Bridgestone, Dell, News International, Colgate and Singapore Tourism Board.
“Digital agencies are emerging as an attractive alternative to management consulting firms because agencies are also implementers. More and more, CMOs are looking to digital marketing agencies to help grow the business particularly through opportunities opened up by new and emerging markets, digital/physical retail mash-ups, and wearables,” said Eriksson on the appointment.
“In our experience, CMOs (the most senior clients we tend to deal with) are now not only the champion for the customer in their organisations, but are also now the champion for transforming enterprise IT, channel design and other historically non-marketing activities, all in direct response to the sweeping effects of digital disruption,” he added