Advertisements dealing with the issue of women – their success, looks, gender equality – is a tricky one. It’s easy to simplify, generalise, objectify or stereotype but this Titan Raga ad, created by Ogilvy, will leave you with a smile.
Created around Women’s Day, it shows how a woman’s success is perceived by many in the organisation.
A twist at the end of an ad is always a delight, isn’t it? Well, this ad hits just the right spot when it comes to biases against women at workplace.
Here are what the lines in Hindi mean:
- “Rajat gets Kiran to work on every project. He says, they make a great team.”
- “Kiran is young and fresher but Rajat has immense trust in Kiran.”
- “And, whenever you see them, they are working together.”
- “The duo are the first ones to reach the office and the last ones to leave.”
- The boss with a smirk then says: “Shall we see who the recommended person is?”
And then comes the twist.
Watch the ad here: