Content360 2023
Nas Daily to run Ramadan content, sets aside aid for small SG businesses

Nas Daily to run Ramadan content, sets aside aid for small SG businesses

share on

Nas Daily is launching a new video series focused on Ramadan, which will feature stories from local communities in Singapore, Indonesia, and India. The series will address various aspects of Ramadan including fasting, customs, and charitable work. In a statement to Marketing, Nuseir Yassin, founder of the Nas Daily, said the series will have eight episodes, and will run twice a week exclusively on Facebook for the whole month. Nas Daily is also collaborating with four other Facebook creators for this series, namely Dear Alyne, Project Nightfall, Following Love, and Cameo Project.

Yassin said he chose to launch a series revolving Ramadan as it is a very special occasion to him. Besides celebrating it every year, he thinks that the magnitude of Ramadan is huge with 25% of the world celebrating it, and that should be shared with the remaining 75% of the world. Yassin added that he featured Singapore, Indonesia, and India in the series as these countries have large populations that celebrate Ramadan. When asked how the circuit breaker has affected the production of the series, Yassin told Marketing that it has "made things difficult" for the team, but it was able to manage. "The beauty of Nas Studios is that we work with very small teams - two people max. We are not like a normal production house that needs 20 people. We are nimble, and that's how we were able to create the show while adhering to safety standards," he said.

Separately, Yassin has unveiled "The Online Fund" to help Singaporean small businesses move online. In a Facebook post, Yassin (pictured centre) urged small businesses in Singapore to apply for the fund, adding The Nas Company will provide free services including advertising, website building, and online training. Yassin started the fund on 8 April and said over 30 companies have donated to the fund, with over SG$170,000 worth of resources, training, and financial capital. He also created a website for both interested sponsors and applicants. According to the website, the fund will be used to help hawker owners, freelance producers, independent teachers and other small businesses. "They don't tell you this - but going online can be difficult or expensive," Yassin said in a previous Facebook post, adding that the company has first put SG$10,000 into the fund.

Marketing's Content 360 conference is going virtual, and will bring together industry leaders to discuss challenges and share insights on future content marketing trends, as well as successful strategies to help tackle the complex marketing landscape. Sign up here!

Last month, Yassin made his debut into acting in a Singaporean short film titled The Last Song. Produced by local actor and online personality Andie Chen, the film was posted on Nas Daily's Facebook page last week. Yassin was roped into the film as he was mentoring for the STOREYS initiative, which aims to discover, fund and promote independent content creators launched by media agency CreativesAtWork and supported by the Infocomm Media Development Authority. 

Yassin also reached out to Indonesian fans by officially created a Facebook page called "Nas Daily Indonesian" in Janurary. The page includes his signature posts addressing trends and topics with Bahasa Indonesia subs. The posts are also written in Bahasa Indonesia. In a statement to Marketing then, Yassin said the team is on a mission to reach everyone in the world, in every language they speak and in every country they live in. "Indonesia is our next target. We have Vietnam, Middle East, Spanish, Tagalog, and Thai. The future is localised," he added.

Related Articles:
Nas Daily founder on why he chooses Facebook over YouTube for content dissemination
Agoda releases tourism campaign for Bangkok with NasDaily
Nas Daily clears the air about job post looking for Vietnamese video content creator


share on

Follow us on our Telegram channel for the latest updates in the marketing and advertising scene.

Free newsletter

Get the daily lowdown on Asia's top marketing stories.

We break down the big and messy topics of the day so you're updated on the most important developments in Asia's marketing development – for free.

subscribe now open in new window