As the region keeps its eye on athletes during the 28th SEA Games, brands are busy working hard to make their presence felt during the event.
Yesterday, major brands such as Deloitte, Singtel, DBS, 100Plus and more told Marketing about the major efforts they were executing during the games. (Read also: How brands are cheering on the SEA Games)
Meanwhile, brand intelligence data around the event from Amobee has shown a huge spike during the Opening Ceremony itself on 5 June.
Here are the updates from Amobee:
- Sentiment was extremely positive, with content consumption being largely around the SEA Games and the Opening Ceremony.
- Fandi (Ahmad) was one of the top mentions on social media during the Opening Ceremony, proving that he is still an athlete Singaporeans hold close to their hearts.
- Topics that kept social media buzzing were the Opening Ceremony, SEA Games, Fandi and #InspiringSG – a hashtag created by Singtel as part of the SEA Games sponsorship.
- Deloitte, also one of the sponsors for the SEA Games, saw a significant increase on social media with their name mentioned frequently during the Opening Ceremony.
- Whilst consumption and anticipation around the SEA Games began increasing steadily since May, a few weeks prior to the event, sponsors of the event such as Singtel and Deloitte saw increases in social media mentions around their names or hashtags mainly during the Opening Ceremony itself.
Click here to see the live updates on the Games: