Google Malaysia has launched Test My Site, an online resource that allows owners of micro, small and medium businesses (SMBs), marketers, and other non-technical folk who owns or creates business websites measure a siteâs performance across many different devices ranging from mobile to desktop.
With Test My Site, decision makers wonât require extensive technical knowledge to understand a siteâs performance. Users can also get a detailed reports emailed to them so they know where to get help.
In addition to launching Test My Site, Google also shared the latest findings from its annual Consumer Barometer survey that tracks Internet usage trends across 56 countries, including Malaysia:
- 81% of Malaysians own smartphones with 71% going online via smartphone more often compared to computers/tablet.
- Malaysians are one of the worldâs highest at âmulti-screeningâ with 92% using smartphones while watching TV.
- 54% of Malaysians use their smartphone as the main device for product research online.
- 51% Malaysians research online but purchase offline.
- 30% of Malaysians shop online.
Meanwhile, here are the top 5 Malaysian smartphone activities:
- 86% – visit social media network
- 81% – watch videos
- 75% – use search engines
- 54% – look for product info/research
- 44% – play games / listen to music (tie)
âWith these latest Consumer Barometer findings, itâs even more crucial for businesses to think in terms of meaningful micro moments and being present when these important moments occur since Malaysians are always online thanks to their smartphones,â said Sajith Sivanandan, managing director Google Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines and New Emerging Markets.
âMicro or small businesses can afford to âthink bigâ when it comes to digital and we hope theyâll take advantage of Test My Site to interact better with their customers.â