DAN's Merkle combines 5 agencies globally to form B2B group

Dentsu Aegis Network's Merkle has brought together five agencies to form Merkle B2B, which will deliver B2B brand creation and activation on a global scale, making it easier for marketers to enable end-to-end business marketing solutions. The agencies are Merkle, Merkle | DWA, gyro, B2B International and Digital Pi. 

By combining the collective strength of these five brands, Merkle B2B said it possesses the knowledge, expertise, and vision to deliver world-class integrated customer experiences and become an indispensable growth partner to the world’s leading B2B brands.

 

 

merkleb2b

The new agency brings together over 1,000 artists, data scientists, media gurus, technologists, and innovators, who already serve more than one hundred B2B clients. It spans five continents and manages over US$16 billion in global billings. Merkle B2B will serve as the global center of excellence for DAN’s B2B practice. According to the press statement, B2B represents a large (US$120 billion) and rapidly growing (25% YOY) sector.

Michael McLaren (pictured), global CEO of Merkle B2B, said the modern B2B marketer needs to execute programmes that anticipate and respond to dynamic customer needs. "The only way to accomplish this is by leveraging the world’s best B2B marketing solutions and talent. By offering creative, data, media, and insights, we enable B2B marketers to surpass customer expectations," he added.

In April, DAN accelerated the purchase of the remaining shares of Merkle, gaining full control of the company. Before the signing, the network owned 66% of Merkle shares with an option to buy the remaining 34% in Q3 2021. As per the initial agreement, payment will still be made in Q3 2021.

According to DAN, the decision to bring the full purchase forward secures the expertise and knowledge of Merkle’s senior management team. It also strengthens the network’s CRM line of business and its ability to offer clients integrated solutions across creative, CRM and media. DAN acquired Merkle in 2016, a deal which the Wall Street Journal previously estimated to be worth US$1.5 billion.

Join us on a three-week journey at Digital Marketing Asia 2020 as we delve into the realm of digital transformation, data and analytics, and mobile and eCommerce from 10 to 26 November. Sign up here!

Related articles:
Merkle names Craig Dempster global CEO
Dentsu Aegis Network snaps up remaining Merkle shares a year early
DAN's Merkle makes largest ever acquisition with India-based data firm Ugam
Dentsu’s Merkle picks APAC COO
Dentsu's Merkle names SEA managing director