With a new year, for many, a new job emerges. In fact just this week alone, we've seen some shuffles in roles in the marketing and advertising industry. Moreover, in recent years, the role of marketing teams and CMOs have often come into question.
But despite the conversations, in Singapore, there are a slew of marketing and communications positions which are currently open. Here are some top marketing roles up for grabs:
99.co - CMO/head of marketing
Property portal 99.co is looking for chief marketing officer/head of marketing to be the driving force behind the company's marketing efforts and play a pivotal role by laying out pathways. Reporting to the CEO, the individual will oversee strategic planning and execution of all marketing programs and branding efforts, and act as the ultimate guardian brand to lead the marketing team.
Some of the other duties include:
- Leading various strategic marketing initiatives and mentor a high-performing, highly collaborative marketing team to include the following functional areas: social media and creative, email marketing, branding, exhibitor marketing, experiential and public relations
- Designing and implementing the marketing plan, which should be aligned with the overall business objectives, include high level activities, guidelines and budget to drive pipeline, ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes
- Ensure a balance between longer-term strategic activities, such as brand positioning and market development, mid-term activities such as lead generation, and near-term tactical campaigns to increase segment revenues
- Use data and analytics to strategically grow subscriber base, focusing on subscribers in the right markets and drive toward a sustainable business model and customer growth
- Develop, lead and coach a strong talent pool of marketing and digital marketing experts with a passion for developing creative campaigns to attract customers and partners alike
The individual will also have to work with regional teams to direct and create content for multi-channel use to enhance customer and stakeholder engagement while ensuring brand consistency across all communications. The CMO will also be required to partner with the product team to review the product roadmap and help prioritise the product development and implementation of new features and functionalities based on customer and market research.
He/she will be required to be skilled with a breadth of experience in all areas of marketing including but not limited to digital product marketing, social media, marketing sciences and analytics, media relations, brand and communications, events and partnerships.
Wildlife Reserves Singapore (WRS) - CMO
WRS is a mission-led organisation, and has a growth plan targeting a multi-fold increase in revenue. Reporting to the deputy CEO and chief commercial officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of all marketing activities, as well as the tracking, measurement, and optimisation of outcomes. This will span digital marketing, social, events and programming, in-park and out-of-park activations, as well as design and creative production.
The appointed CMO will be required to be skilled with a combination of strategic, out-of-the-box thinking, technical skills and numeracy, the ability to plan and execute well, and the ability to communicate and collaborate across organisational boundaries. Other duties include:
- Setting marketing goals and objectives
- Designing, planning and executing effective marketing campaigns across all channels
- Developing framework and leverage on data analysis tools to measure campaign performance and to make evidence-based decisions
- Contributing to overall revenue and visitorship growth
The individual will also be tasked to drive creative design and visual merchandising, as well as determine KPIs for the marketing departments, while keeping marketing budgets in check. He/she will be tasked to work closely with sales, asset development, F&B, retail and guest experience teams in the planning and implementation of marketing activities.
Love, Bonito - VP of marketing
The retail label is looking for a chief storyteller and brand evangelist, who will be responsible for telling Love,Bonito's story across all of its communication channels and platforms. The VP of marketing will be tasked to oversee the overall marketing and brand strategy across the group, and will play a pivotal role in the development and positioning of Love, Bonito’s brand in all key markets.
Reporting directly into management, the individual will be managing campaigns, CRM and partnerships, social media, influencer marketing and content, PR and communications, community, as well as HQ and country marketing. Some of the other duties include:
- Developing customer personas and flesh out brand and communications strategy to guide all organisational stakeholders
- Defining marketing goals and objectives that are in-line with brand direction and mission
- Plan, implement, review and analyse marketing strategies (across all channels & platforms) and campaigns (brand, promotional, assortment-driven etc.)
- Lead in ensuring a tight partnership across all country teams by leading in all communications and alignment; develop best practices and toolkits for country teams
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and industry developments
- Develop a network of strategic partnerships i.e. Facebook, Google, market insight agencies, brand / commercial partners etc.
The individual will also collaborate with design and merchandising department in the roll-out of all assortment-driven campaigns, retail and product team to optimise and refine the company's platforms, as well as the data team to create self-serve dashboards for the marketing team to better leverage data for actionable insights.
Mastercard - VP, head of marketing and comms for SEA
The new hire for the role of VP, head of marketing and comms for SEA will be required to grow the SEA revenue and market share. Some of the other duties include:
- Developing the strategic marketing framework to support Mastercard’s brand and business objectives
- Positioning Mastercard as an innovative tech company in the payment’s industry
- Overseeing the execution of the consumer experience focused platforms
- Driving marketing innovation through digital marketing
- Executing all product and brand marketing to drive inbound, cross border and eCommerce transaction velocity
- Dual reporting structure that reports to the division president of Southeast Asia and to the SVP, marketing and communications for Asia Pacific
The individual will be tasked to lead a high impact team across brand, consumer marketing, product marketing, B2B marketing and external and internal communications. He/she will also partner with country managers in driving growth for the business, and developing overall marketing strategy.
Mediacorp - Head of corporate marketing and communications
The media landscape is not the easiest of sectors to swoop into. One of the biggest media conglomerate in Singapore, Mediacorp is on the hunt for a head of corporate marketing and communications. The hire will be responsible for providing strategic oversight of media strategy and relations, corporate announcements and communications for Mediacorp and its suite of product and services. The other duties include:
Plan, develop and implement strategies for:
- Public and media relations, to build and manage Mediacorp’s reputation
- Corporate marketing effort, to build Mediacorp’s corporate brand
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program and work with the respective teams on implementations
Lead and guide a team of professional PR and CSR in implementation of strategies aligned to corporate direction, including:
- Media releases, events, visits and other tactics
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with key media representatives
- Manage all proactive and reactive queries in relations to the business
- Staff engagement activities
- External speaking opportunities
- Partnership and sponsorships
The individual will also be tasked to manage all internal and external engagement including staff engagement activities, external speaking opportunities, as well as partnership and sponsorships.