Google launched a tool called “Google My Business (GMB) Websites” to help small businesses in the Philippines create free, mobile-optimized websites in minutes. Some people may find that building a website is complex, expensive, and time-consuming. But now, by visiting google.com/business/how-it-works/website/, users are equipped with simple, free, and fast way to build a website.
Business is all about connecting with customers—the target market—wherever they are. These consumers can find an enterprise on Google Search and Maps, but it is their website where they learn the most. About 67% of the internet population in the Philippines visit a business's website on a monthly average, according to the Global Web Index survey. But only 1% of small businesses in the Philippines actually have an online presence, and not all of them are websites. That means that they miss out on telling many potential customers about their business.
GMB allows businesses to create a page that contains all relevant information such as business description, location, contact information, and operation schedules. Once all this information is saved, the website becomes visible on Search and Maps. Aside from increasing online presence, GMB’s website builder makes it easy for business owners and marketers to:
- Create a well-designed site that looks great and runs smoothly wherever and however people find it
- Stand out online by choosing a design theme, adding photos, and describing what’s unique about the business
- Get a free domain from Google or buy their own with Google Domains right from Google My Business
- Connect with customers by telling them exactly what they want them to do next, like call the business, book an appointment, or sign up for the mailing list
- Manage everything in one place whether they’re on desktop, mobile, or the Google My Business app
- Earn new business from AdWords Express and their expanded presence online
No matter what kind of business one owns —from an eyeglass shop to a restaurant serving only soup—he or she will see that just having a website makes a huge difference and helps them attract new customers. Consumers will find them for all kinds of reasons, such as getting their address or seeing photos of what their shop looks like, and the business owner and marketer will be able to grow their business.