The world was not prepared for COVID-19. Across the globe, nations, its people, and businesses scrambled to find ways to cope with the global pandemic. Whether or not respite is in the horizon, we’ve come up with a few tips to help brands move forward:
- There is NO NEW NORMAL - a lot of brands have learned the hard way that adaptation is key to progress. And as we adjust to a new COVID business climate, the last thing we want to do is get comfortable. While it is true that we will overcome the adversity and adapt to the settling environment, confirming a new normal is setting ourselves to be unprepared for any curveballs that may come our way.
- Collaborate and Communicate. An organisation is only as good as its people, and brands are only as great as their customers. Collaboration can come in many forms, but listening to our employees (from rank and file to the C-level executives) as well as our customers is always a great start.
- Be Authentic. While all brands want to stay relevant, it is never a good idea to change your character just to try to join in a conversation. Stay true to your core values.
- Be Agile. Old ways of working will always be the enemy when you have to adjust on the fly. There will be times, that “it’s not the way things have been done,” or “that’s not in my job description.” But if we keep an agility mindset, it also fosters a culture of learning.
- Brand evolution should be constant - While it may seem daunting, we shouldn’t shy away from change. We don’t need to overhaul our businesses, we just need to find better ways to do things and explore areas we neglected in the past. Evolution is the path to creating a better version of our brand.
- Innovate the small things. It’s going to be a while before all businesses are fully operational, so brand pivots do not need to be grand in scale. The quick fixes, the incremental ideas, and the little innovations will all add up.
- Empathy and Compassion are vital brand pillars. While we try to stay true to our nature, we don’t always have to make a sale. In these particularly trying times, tact is important, but a show of solidarity with our customers should come first.
- Digital transformation is really about HUMAN transformation. Yes, it has been a buzzword for some time now, but as COVID has proven, a lot of brands and companies were left to play catch up. Yes, the tools were available, but not everyone was up to speed. Moving forward, we must remember: the transformation must begin with the heart and soul of a brand or business - its people.
Admittedly, a lot of us were caught at unawares but we can all rise from this together - our businesses, colleagues, employees, and customers. The organisations that are ready to adapt to change will emerge stronger, and better prepared for the future.
Invictus PH is a strategy and communications agency that provides tangible solutions that spring from inspired learning. They are led by a senior team with more than four decades of collective experience in the marketing community. With digital at their core, Managing Partners Kankan Ramos, Laszlo Miguel Lim, and Business Director Zel Baluyan aim to assist companies gain control of their brand.