Google celebrated creativity and best practices in the area of Search ad campaigns at an awards ceremony designed to shine a spotlight on interesting Search campaigns that ran on Google in 2017. This is the first time “Performance Honors” is awarded in Asia-Pacific, and is a culmination of a series of Performance Guru workshops that Google held for their agency partners over the last four months.
Consumers are turning to Search across critical micro-moments multiple times a day to get things done. According to one of Google’s latest research studies in Asia, 76% of baby care consumers conduct research before buying a product, and 61% of them turn to Search. Filipinos are found to do up to seven online searches about a brand before making a purchase.
Ken Lingan, country manager of Google Philippines said, “Search ads help millions of businesses worldwide connect with consumers in these moments, but none of that would be possible without a well-managed campaign. Creating and running AdWords campaigns is often carried out by agencies so this award is designed to recognize and celebrate their important work.”
Here is the full list of awards and winners:
- The “Industry Rising Star” honor was given to Rexy Quieta of Maxus for showing innovation and significant improvements in actively managing key campaigns of PLDT.
- The “Innovative Performance Advertising Campaign” honor was given to Maxus for exploring creative opportunities to maximize the platform for better performance.
- The “Integrated Performance Advertising Campaign” honor was given to Reprise Media for connecting Listerine to their target market by connecting multiple Google platforms.
- The “Mobile Performance Advertising Campaign” honor was given to Starcom for driving highly effective always-on search campaigns on mobile.
- The “Performance Excellence Honor” was given to Maxus for showing strong knowledge of search and translating learning into results.
Ken added, “We want to congratulate all participants because agencies play a vital part in helping advertisers reach their goals. These awards showcase their brilliant execution on Search campaigns, and we are already looking forward to the great work we’ll see further on.”
This is the first year that agencies have been considered for an award for running Search campaigns on Google.