The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) has made some new appointments at the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). Five new members were appointed to the EDB Board, while three make their exit, taking effect from 1 February 2017.
The five new board members include (pictured left to right):
- Ichiro Iino, CEO, Hitachi Asia Pacific
- Ilian Lubomirov Mihov, dean at INSEAD
- Randy Isaac Walker, chairman and chief executive officer, IBM Asia Pacific
- Loh Chin Hua, Chief Executive Officer, Keppel Corporation
- Loh Boon Chye, Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Exchange
Outgoing members of the board have completed their terms on 31 January 2017. They include:
- Vinod Kumar, managing director and group chief executive officer, Tata Communications
- Tan Pheng Hock, advisor, ST Engineering
- Mark Nelson, vice president, strategic planning, Chevron Corporation
“The Ministry of Trade and Industry extends its appreciation to the outgoing members for their contributions and welcomes the new board members,” the press statement read.
Just this month, EDB signed a three-year deal with Ogilvy & Mather Singapore in a bid to advance the nation’s capabilities in modern marketing services. Last year, it also undertook a partnership with similar goals with DDB in the creation of Equator, a global centre of excellence for creative technology and innovation which also looks at boosting talent.
In September 2016, EDB appointed Dane Lim as director of marketing and communications. He takes over from former executive director Myrna Poon who joined DBS as senior vice president, head of brand and digital in May 2016.