Hospitality group Accor Asia Pacific has launched an influencer marketing campaign named #InstAccor with a twist – the influencers are all its employees. Launched across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Hong Kong, the initiative seeks to personifies the group’s brand story by using voices of “genuine people who live and breathe the corporate culture”.
The employees, each working in a different market, will take over Accor’s Instagram account for two days each week from 6 August to 4 September 2019. They will be sharing their personal insights on destination highlights, interesting activities at the respective hotel they work in, as well as the company culture, according to a press release.
The company believes the initiative can “build authentic connections and inspire trust” with customers, while “elevating employee advocacy to the next level”. It added: “Recognising that employees form an integral part of the brand experience, Accor infuses authenticity to its social marketing strategy using first person, behind-the-scenes content generated by brand ambassadors, starting in five Asian destinations.”
To give its talent across the region an opportunity to showcase their local destination, #Instaccor will be deployed every quarterly. The content strategy will focus on local travel tips such as key attractions, hidden local gems, regional cuisine, street food and festivals while showcasing personal moments from their daily work life.
“This rare access to the heart of each hotel provides precious sneak peeks into a typical day in the life of an Accor professional,” added Accor, which has over 1,100 properties in Asia Pacific.
Here’s a look at the employees engaged:
- 6 and 8 August 2019: Bannie Kang, head craftsman at Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore
- 13 to 14 August 2019: Fatikhatul Muizzah, front office team member at Grand Mercure and ibis Yogyakarta Adisucipito
- 19 to 20 August: Linh Phan, front office team member at Hotel de L’Opera Hanoi – MGallery
- 27 to 28 August 2019: Tamaryn Cooper, food and beverage team member at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- 3-4 September 2019: Hannah Yiu, loyalty team member at The Park Lane Hong Kong