The HSBC Sevens Village will be back this year to offer a taste of the Hong Kong Sevens experience for fans outside the stadium.
As one of the biggest sport events Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2016 kicks off on 8 April, the Sevens Village will be open to the public for free on 8-10 April at the Indian Recreation Club across from the Hong Kong Stadium for rugby fans and families.
Highlights of the HSBC Sevens Village:
- Watch live streaming of the tournament on a giant screen all weekend.
- Send a video message at the HSBC “Cheer on the Hong Kong Rugby Team” video booth in Chater Garden in Central on Wednesday and Thursday of tournament week. The best messages will be broadcast at the Sevens Village.
- Have fun and learn new skills at the HSBC #BRINGYOURGAME zone, where fans and families can join interactive rugby, golf and tennis games and get a chance to win fun prizes.
- Offer arts workshops, face painting and fun activities for children at the kids’ zone.
- Meet rugby legends and HSBC Ambassadors Brian O’Driscoll, Jason Robinson, George Gregan and Gavin Hastings and try to beat them at the Rugby Sevens Superstar’s Challenge.
- Groove to the music with live entertainment and musical performances from popular Scottish bag-pipe band the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.