Waze, the platform bringing together communities on and off the road, continue to innovate to benefit users as drivers will now be able to take advantage of Waze’s unique features with Apple CarPlay and Waze Audio Player.
With over 2.6 million monthly active users in the Philippines, Waze announced its integration with Apple CarPlay to further its mission of decreasing traffic on the road and making driving safer and more convenient for every Filipino. As one of the first navigation apps on the CarPlay platform, the Waze integration will bring millions of CarPlay users the opportunity to seamlessly use Waze features directly from their in-car display.
Users driving cars equipped with CarPlay will be able to download the Waze app and navigate to their favorite places seamlessly. Simply by connecting their iPhone to a CarPlay supported system using a USB cable or wireless connection (if available), drivers can search destinations, select a preferred route, and report traffic issues and more.“We’re excited to bring the power of the Waze community right into drivers’ car consoles with Apple CarPlay,” said Jens Baron, Waze Platform Strategy. “This enables us to bring to life one of our users’ most requested integrations, giving them the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the Waze app on the larger Apple CarPlay display.”
Moreover, Waze also announced the launch of Waze Audio Player: an embedded audio player giving drivers an easy way to listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks, news and more – all while safely navigating.
Along with the Audio Player, Wazers from all around the world can now choose to stream music, podcasts, audiobooks, radio, or news from eight audio partners: Spotify, Deezer, iHeartRadio, NPR, Pandora, Scribd, Stitcher, and TuneIn. These partners have integrated their audio experience into Waze by using a new suite of developer tools, called the Waze Audio Kit.
“We’re dedicated to giving our users the best possible experience in the car. Now we’re able to make their drives even more enjoyable by seamlessly and safely delivering their favorite audio content while they’re on the road. On top of this, our partners will also be able to create a personalized listening experience for their users by integrating with our Waze Audio Kit,” said Adam Fried, head of global partnerships at Waze.
To use the Waze Audio Player,
● Open the Waze app
● If you already have one of the supported music apps installed, Waze will detect that automatically and present a music note icon on your map.
● Tap the music note icon to select your audio app and start enjoying your audio content directly from Waze.
● To change which audio partner app you’re listening to, tap the music note icon and then “change app”.
● After connecting your preferred audio app, control your audio content using the forward, backward and pause icons. You can also save content to your library by hitting the “plus” or “heart” icon.
● You can access more content from the audio app such as playlists, radio stations, and saved songs by selecting the “show list” button.
● For additional functionality, switch to the app by tapping its icon.