PRHK has appointed its new board for 2018/19 and widened its membership categories to further unite the profession and foster inclusive industry participation.
“The year ahead will see PRHK continue to represent, champion, promote and grow the public relations and communications industry in Hong Kong. This year we expand our remit through widening our membership – we now invite all Hong Kong PR and communications professionals to join us on our mission to demonstrate the great value and commercial impact of effective PR to the wider business community,” said Kiri Sinclair, reappointed chairperson of PRHK.
Under PRHK’s new membership categories, the association now invites corporates, individual professionals, students and affiliates to join the organisation alongside the existing membership portfolio of local, regional and global PR agencies.
This year’s board includes the appointment of four under 30 professionals, embodying PRHK’s desire to maintain the organisation’s relevance and cultivate the next generation of talent. The fresh outlook of these new board members complements the continuity provided through the re-appointment of five members of last year’s board.
PRHK will hold the Hong Kong Young PR Lions competition which will see two lucky winners travel to the Cannes Lions, the PRHK Mentorship Programme and through university outreach to foster the next generation in the coming year.
“Our active calendar includes training and networking events, research initiatives and mentorship programmes, among other activities. This is alongside our dedication to upholding professional standards as detailed in the PRHK Professional Code of Conduct,” Sinclair concluded.
New board of PRHK effective from July 2018
- Chairperson: Kiri Sinclair, Sinclair
- Deputy Chairperson & Treasurer: Rosemary Merz, Text100
- Events Chairs: Beth Evans, Golin & Winky Moon, Racepoint Global
- PR & Marketing Chair: Marc Sparrow, The Hoffman Agency
- Honorary Secretaries: Rachel Catanach, FleishmanHillard & Simeon Mellalieu, Ketchum
- Education & Mentorship Programme Chair: Maria Cheong, Burson Cohn & Wolfe
- Young Professionals Representatives: Lottie Longford, Golin & Yvonne Kwok, Golin