Marketing

Toggle

Article

Malindo Air partners ANA, hopes to boost footfall in KLIA

Malindo Air has tied up with All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest and only 5-star airline, to offer passengers seamless travel and greater connectivity when travelling between ASEAN and over 200 routes on ANA’s network, according to The Star.

Quoted on The Star, Malindo Air CEO Chandran Rama Muthy said this will help push footfall in the number of transit passengers at KLIA.  The airline currently serves over 46 cities in 16 countries, including 13 major airports in Malaysia.

The new bilateral interline deal is expected to allow “seamless” travel with the convenience of a single reservation across both airlines’ network. ANA is the fifth addition to Malindo Air’s interline partners, after Turkish Airline, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Oman Air. ANA passengers will be able to tap into Malindo Air’s growing regional network out of Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) as well.

This comes at a point where Malindo Air was tipped to have a new name from second half of the year onwards. Earlier this year, The Star quoted the airline’s CEO Chandran Rama Muthy saying that the branding change will give the airline a better position in the Lion Air Group. Malindo is 49% held by Lion Group and the remaining 51% owned by Muthy. It will also ensure seamless domestic and international service.

 

 

Read More News

in Asia Pacific by

Personal branding in tough times

The days of having a job for life are gone. The modern workforce is flexible and progressive. For employees, this means that ski..

Trending