To illustrate the downsides of credit, Interac Debit together with its agency Zulu Alpha Kilo has created “Pets with Credit”, a two-minute “dogumentary” that follows the life of Max – an 8-year old Australian Shepherd who struggled with the effects of credit card debt.
The short-film follows the life of Max throughout his journey into and out of debt. Through a tongue in cheek lens, the film explores the serious consequences of racking up debt, including depression, lethargy and even a decreased sex drive. It closes with the positive effects of being on a path to credit redemption. From a finance author to a psychologist through to a veterinarian, real experts were used in the film.
Watch the clip here:
The creative and strategic platform encouraging Canadians to use their own money with Interac Debit is going into its third year in the market. It was recently shortlisted for this year’s Effie Awards for effectiveness.
The dogumentary that launched online on 10 April was produced through zulubot, the agency’s content division. It will be supported through digital and social channels. Movie-style posters for the ‘dogumentary’ will run in Cineplex theatres across the country.
Media Experts was the media partner agency. French creative for the Quebec marketplace was handled by TANK.
- Agency: Zulu Alpha Kilo
- Client (Company): Interac Association
- Chief Creative Officer: Zak Mroueh
- Executive Creative Director: Allen Oke
- Art Director: Fiorella Martinez
- Writer: Jacob Pacey
- Agency Producer: Tara Cochrane, Tara Handley
- Account Team: Rob Feightner, Laura Robinson, Winnie Hsiao
- Strategic Planner: Emma Brooks
- Clients: Andrea Danovitch, Leslie Vera, Lauren McKay
- Production House: zulubot
- Executive Producer: Shaam Makan
- Director: Sean Wainsteim
- Line Producer: Marc Juliar
- Director of Photography: Jackson Parrell
- Casting Director: Andrew Hayes/Tristan Abraham, Powerhouse Casting
- Carly Blais (Agent/Dog Talent) Carolyn’s Talent Agency
- Video Post Facility / Editing Company: zulubot
- Editor: Jay Baker
- Compositor / Online: Alter Ego (conform), zulubot (supers/logos)
- Colourist/Transfer: Cem Ozkilicci, Alter Ego
- Audio Post Facility/Music House: Eggplant
- Audio Director: Adam Dameline
- Producer: Nicola Treadgold
- Production Coordinator: Lindsay Fry
- Engineer: Brad Tigwell
- Media Agency: Media Experts
- Media Agency Planner: Richard Ivey, Borisenko, Jenna Bendavid, Josee Thibault, Dan Mak, Lauren Rosenblum