SUBSCRIBE: Free email newsletter

Marketing

Toggle

Article

Cebu Pacific axes employees at Tigerair

Cebu Air Inc (CEB), operator of Cebu Pacific, has reportedly started to lay off staff at Tigerair Philippines as part of the budget airlines’ merger.

Interaksyon.com reported that CEB has begun handing out notices of redundancy. Around 30 employees will be initially affected, including a most unexpected exit from Olive Ramos, Tigerair president who filed for resignation effective by the end of the month.

“All I can confirm is that Mr. Michael Shau is taking over as president of Tigerair Philippines,” CEB spokesperson Jorenz Tanada said. Shau is the current VP of ground operations at Cebu Pacific. Details for the company-wide layoff, however, were not disclosed.

Tigerair Philippines currently operates an average of 118 flights per week with five aircrafts to 11 domestic and international destinations, from its bases in Manila and Clark. It is formerly known  as  Seair, after Tiger Airways acquired 40% of the company in August 2012, renaming it to Tigerair Philippines last June.

Cebu Pacific officially announced its acquisition of Tigerair Philippines last January. According to a disclosure to the Philippines Stock Exchange, Cebu Pacific will be paying $15 million to seize the 40% stake held by the parent company Tiger and the remaining 60% owned by Filipino investors led by businessman Tomas Lopez.

Read More News

Trending

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.