American Airlines and Hyatt have provided details on a new partnership agreement that will allow frequent travellers to earn points for each other’s loyalty schemes when either flying or staying at hotels.
Expected to launch later this year, this enhanced agreement means certain privileges will be available to members of both the American Airlines AAdvantage and World of Hyatt programmes on qualifying flights and stays.
The core benefits after registeration are as follows:
- In addition to World of Hyatt points earned through Hyatt hotel stays, AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey members will earn one AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent at qualifying Hyatt properties.
- American’s invitation-only ConciergeKey members will receive World of Hyatt Globalist status
- In addition to AAdvantage miles earned by flying on American, World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members will be able to earn one World of Hyatt bonus point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American flights.
Bridget Blaise-Shamai, president of AAdvantage said, “World of Hyatt is a perfect match for AAdvantage with the level of recognition, care and dedication they provide to their elites.”
The partnership will also introduce a new status-based challenge system for AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members, and Explorist and Globalist World of Hyatt members. As part of this limited-time offering, members of these schemes will enjoy a host of benefits from both brands as long as they maintain their elite ranking.
These benefits are as follows:
- AAdvantage elite members will have access to World of Hyatt elite status benefits, including a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and free premium internet.
- World of Hyatt elite members will have access to AAdvantage elite status benefits such as priority boarding, free checked bags, and free preferred seats.
Amy Weinberg, senior vice president, World of Hyatt. “Through our continued commitment to listening to member feedback, we learned that an ideal airline and hotel relationship would make the travel experience more seamless by providing dual earning and status options. We are excited to introduce an offering that delivers just that, while increasing value for our elite members through more personalized experiences and enhanced recognition.”