In its first TV partnership in Southeast Asia, Twitter will be partnering MediaCorp to showvideo highlights of Singapore’s 50th National Day Parade (NDP) exclusively on the new @MediaCorp Twitter account.
MediaCorp will tweet the high-quality video clips throughout the event and during the live TV broadcast on 9 August along with its broadcast on #NDP2015 on Twitter.
MediaCorp will use Twitter’s SnappyTV platform for live clipping, editing and distribution to share video clips in Tweets, straight from the TV to a mobile device.
This morning, Joakim Gomez, one of the hosts of NDP2015, launched the TV partnership with this Tweet:
— Joakim Gomez (@JoakimGomez) August 6, 2015
MediaCorp channels and artistes will be also be live-tweeting the National Day Parade on these handles.
- @MediaCorp – https://twitter.com/mediacorp
- @JoakimGomez – https://twitter.com/JoakimGomez
- @ch8sg – https://twitter.com/ch8sg
- @mediacorpch5 – https://twitter.com/mediacorpch5
- @channel_u – https://twitter.com/channel_u
- @mediacorp_suria – https://twitter.com/mediacorp_suria
- @vasanthamtv – https://twitter.com/vasanthamtv
- @ToggleSG – https://twitter.com/ToggleSG
- @987FM – https://twitter.com/987FM
- @tca_celebrity – https://twitter.com/tca_celebrity
“Social media will be one of the first places where many of us share our excitement and the emotion of National Day. MediaCorp’s partnership with Twitter, together with our brand new @mediacorp Twitter account, is a great way for us to connect and share the live experience of NDP, the centrepiece of our Golden Jubilee celebrations.” said Shane Mitchell, chief digital officer, Mediacorp.