Senior shuffle sees Kuok tighten grip
Hong Kong - The shake up at Hong Kong media companies continues with the SCMP Group the latest to overhaul its top brass, with the Kuok family taking key management roles.
Kuok Hui Kwong, currently an executive director of the publishing group and daughter of controlling shareholder Robert Kuok, will become managing director and chief executive officer effective 1 January 2009.
In a statement the SCMP Group, publisher of the South China Morning Post, said as MD and CEO Kuok will be responsible for coordinating the company's group operations and various business units.
Kuok Khoon Ean, the SCMP Group's executive chairman and son of Kuok, will step down from his role and has been "re-designated" as non-executive director of the company. He joined the board of the SCMP 1993 and was appointed chairman in January 1998.
David Pang, currently a non-executive director of the Company, will be non-executive chairman of the company.
- South China Morning Post Publishers
South China Morning Post Publishers Related Stories:
- SCMP revamps tabloid content
- SCMP Group in acquisition talks
- SCMP relaxes online paywall
- SCMP names editorial leaders
- SCMP renews website
- SCMP on the upswing
- SCMP pushes deeper into the job market
- Wang takes top eds role at SCMP
- UPDATE: SCMP reveals group buying plans
- SCMP goes online with Education Post
- SCMP revamp shows positive results
- SCMP's XXIV expands reach
- No secrets leaked at SOPA
- Revamp marks new era for SCMP
- SCMP rebounds with five-fold profit rise
- SCMP's editor-in-chief departs
- SCMP to push its multi-platform offering
- SCMP soars back into profit
- Jeffreys lands plum Tatler role with Edipresse
- SCMP embraces Apple's iPad