Discovering Hip Korea
Korea - Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, with the support of the Seoul Metropolitan Government, will broadcast a new series Hip Korea early next year on Discovery Channel internationally.
The two-hour series will focus on the rising global popularity of Korean pop culture through the stories of Korean pop-idol and actor Jihoon Jung, or Rain as he is popularly known as, and veteran film superstar Byung Hun Lee.
Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific says the program also offers viewers a look at the changing face of the city of Seoul.
"Korea is a dynamic place for content, something the world is just now beginning to understand. Part of the attraction of this series is the ongoing success of this home grown talent crossing over into Asia and to the rest of the world," Vikram Channa, vice president, content, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said.
"We're glad we have the opportunity to look at these compelling celebrities against the backdrop of Korean society and the fascinating city of Seoul."
- Discovery Networks Asia
Discovery Networks Asia Related Stories:
- Discovery hands PR duties to Arcis
- Blumer cooks up a storm in KL
- Discovery Kids reaches out to filipino children
- Discovery busts myths with HP
- Discovery Channel hires chief shark officer
- Discovery magazine relaunches across Asia
- DNAP to launch five channels in India
- TLC in reality TV push for Taiwan
- Discovery on a creativity high
- Discovery makes mobile TV move
- Dedicated feeds & local ad sales for M’sia
- HKBN expands with Discovery Channels
- More low blows in Enigmatic Malaysia mishap
- First Time Filmmaker goes Vietnam
- Discovery taps Baidu for Chinese web push
- Discovery Channel mag ramps up
- Discovery HD launches in Korea
- Discovery makes executive promotions
- Discovery integrates in India and Asia
- Škoda bands with Discovery for green message