New look D'Magazine readies for launch
Hong Kong - Fluid Publishing has landed the rights to relaunch the Hong Kong Resort Company's custom title D'Magazine.
Fluid Publishing, the recently launched publishing division of the Fluid Group, takes over the contract for the Hong Kong Resort Company Limited from Hachette Filipacchi.
The quarterly D'Magazine is set to launch next week after a complete overhaul of its look and design. In just one month, Fluid Publishing overhauled the magazine with a more modern look, improved masthead and lifestyle content.
Hong Kong Resort Company Limited (HKR), the property developers of Discovery Bay, commissioned Fluid to create an updated version of D'Magazine, its custom publication to promotes Discovery Bay.
Emily Ashman, editorial director of Fluid Publishing, said rather than taking a traditional custom publishing approach and using a mix of "dry marketing content intermixed with stock lifestyle content", Fluid tailored every element of the magazine to suit the reader and effectively market HKR.
"HKR felt the time was right to uplift its brand with a high-quality publication and to work with a publishing partner that understands how to effectively promote the Discovery Bay area as a high-end coastal destination and to strike a chord with its target market," she said.
With a readership of 45,000 affluent residents of Discovery Bay and visitors to the area, the magazine is proving highly popular with advertisers. The relaunch issue contains seven and a half pages of advertisements.
Simon Squibb, managing director of Fluid Group, said that HKR is a good example of how companies should be marketing their services in this tough economic climate.
"The companies that choose to aggressively market themselves during this downtime will flourish," he said.
"More than ever, now is the time to be even more aggressive with your marketing activities. In this kind of environment, companies producing high-quality marketing material, such as D'Magazine, will stand out from the crowd and achieve results, but companies that simply sit back and do nothing in the face of hard times will struggle."
- Hachette Filipacchi
Fluid Related Stories:
- Fluid wins Lan Kwai Fong Entertainments
- Nic Tinworth embarks Digital Butter
- Fluid managing and digital director and resigns
- Foodie swaps content with Sainsbury
- InvestHK picks creative partner
- I Love Hong Kong gets the hots
- Stanley Plaza to launch custom magazine
- Foodie bites into London publishing sector
- Holding firms spark new merger activity
- Lan Kwai Fong gears up with Fluid
- Millionaireasia gets a new investor
- Fluid wins Intercontinental's Cafe M launch
- Afacan takes top publishing role at Fluid
- Foodie Magazine dons new look
- Foursquare – the game that has everyone all a twitter
- Fluid takes out Agency Pub Quiz Challenge
- Red Packet makes the digital shift
- Fluid builds on property media market
- Web Watch
- Art Hong Kong tweets to art lovers