JWT takes away Pizza Hut
Singapore - Pizza Hut has selected JWT to handle its creative account following a review.
Juliana Lim, Pizza Hut Singapore's marketing director, confirmed the appointment when contacted by Marketing today. A press release announcing the appointment is due to be released shortly. Along with JWT, the agencies involved in the pitch were Y&R, Grey and Bates 141.
The account came into play following Pizza Hut's "mutual" parting of ways with incumbent BBDO. The Omnicom agency's contract with Pizza Hut ends in November.
When news of the review broke back in September, Lim said the initial contract would be for a year and with a new agency, the company hoped to get a "new strategic representation and a fresh creative direction".
UPDATE In a press statement, Pizza Hut CEO, Michael Gian said: "Pizza Hut is competing in a dynamic and intense F&B environment. We need a partner who is committed and capable of driving up our brand position and appeal to our target customers."
Pizza Hut's Lim added, "Participating agencies in this pitch have put up good strategic and creative proposals. It was a tough decision for us. The decision on JWT Singapore was driven mainly by their outstanding and insightful creative ideas. We will be most delighted to see how the campaign will unfold across various mediums in the near future."
- Grey Worldwide
- Young and Rubicam
- Pizza Hut Singapore Pte Ltd
- Bates 141
Grey Worldwide Related Stories:
- Spatial Access reels in Madison’s Joshi
- Yong enters the LAB
- Adi Satria wraps up at Utusan Media
- Malaysia Airports calls for credentials
- HKTB gains from summer marketing push
- G2 Star Echo secures new projects
- Grey bags JP Morgan project
- Grey bags creatives biz for ESPN channels
- Grey Hong Kong snatches outdoor Gold Lion
- Grey wins Hutchison property project
- SHKF lifts clients' dreams with cranes
- Grey wins Yingda Life creative duties
- OSIM hands China business to Grey Group
- Grey lands Vanke's property project
- Grey Mumbai appoints ECD
- Asfour Crystal shines on China with Grey
- PrimeCredit to push professional image
- Trio wins for Grey’s G2 Star Echo
- Grey Group beefs up creative team
- The Link names Grey's Wba for activation