DM Case Study Nov 2008
DM Case study November 2008
Headline: Morning mails means early deals
Sub-head: Egging you on in the morn'
Objective: To familiarize UPS customers with premium, time-definite delivery options
Approach: A direct mailer targeted at front office staff. Think secretaries and administrators.
Results: Getting a 14.8% registration rate from a total of 90,000 mail outs.
When we think of a traditional Asian breakfast, soft boiled eggs and kaya toast comes to mind.
Eggs are the quintessential breakfast food globally.
This was the creative concept that the UPS campaign hinged upon, as it was most universally relevant as an icon for the first meal of the time - the time which UPS aims to deliver its shipments when customers sign up for the Worldwide Express Plus programme.
Other than the above breakfast belt at 8am, there are two other time delivery belts under different names like Worldwide Express (at an average of 10.30am) and Worldwide Express Server (end-of-day) that was part of the campaign. together with its online weblink that also gave it a chace to promote its rewards website that promoted its rewards programme to consumers. By extending the creativity slightly, the DM was made more intriguing, engaging and exciting along with its execution in other media channels other than traditional DM.
Eventually the results were tabulated to reveal that 14.8% of the total of 60,000 sent out were interested and registered to participate in the promotion. By the end of the promotion 53% of the total number of mailers had reached the first redemption tier of the promotion.
The client was pleased with the campaign as it was clean, direct and very effective. Interactive and fun, coupled with perforated pop-up elements highlighting the key campaign messages, it was also significantly different from its previous campaigns.
- MRM Worldwide
- UPS Pte Ltd
MRM Worldwide Related Stories:
- Nescafe takes new strategy for ice coffee
- MediaCom China beefs up digital front
- Nescafe jumps on growing social status
- Unilever names digital agency for SEA
- McCann introduces MRM Down Under
- Avaya's digital CRM strategy pays off
- McCann's local ECDs head regional council
- Ingvoldstad departs MRM Singapore
- Goodyear rolls out digital push
- The Upper Storey beefs up with senior hires
- R/GA Wins MasterCard
- Job of the Day: Account Manager, MRM Worldwide
- MRM eyes ASEAN growth
- MRM Worldwide wins LG Mobile account
- McCanns drive Exora hype ahead of unveil
- Lam to bolster MRM Asia Pacific
- GMP follows up on Raffles Place Ghost hoax
- Digital Account Director, MRM Worldwide
- MRM’s Faucon for NY
- DM Case Study - Feb08