DMG secures sponsor for branded TV series
Hong Kong - Digital Media Group has signed shoe brand Nine West for a branded content TV drama series Dancing Without You.
The transit media operator, which runs the Elite Channel in Hong Kong Airport Express and subway transit TVs in China, has launched a new drama series called Dancing Without You featuring Chinese artists and the Nine West brand both online and in-train.
As a sponsor of the drama series, Nine West brand appears in various scenes. The story setting is located in a Nine West store, allowing the actors to promote its service and products.
Aside from that, Nine West delivers a few seconds of TVC before and after the shows to remind audience about its sponsorship of the program. Advertisers are allowed to buy air time in between the drama episodes.
Previously, Starbucks was also a sponsor for an in-train TV drama called "A Sunny Day."
All video contents are shot and done by DMG's own production team and camera crew.
This new wave of advertising method is believed to increase audience's consuming desire of a certain brands.
DMG said advertising through drama is not a hard sell for brands, and the group will consider to launch the same service in Hong Kong next year if possible.
DMG Related Stories:
- Sales manager, dmg events
- Senior sales executive, dmg events
- Sales Manager, dmg events
- Exhibition & Sponsorship Sales Mgr., dmg
- Exhibition & Sponsorship Sales Manager, dmg
- Hot Job Tuesday: Senior HR Business Partner
- iClick joins forces with DMG
- Staccato's "Attitude to Life" outdoors
- DMG clinches Ktt transit TV project
- IAB gets the go ahead in Singapore
- Mazda engages Phelps as brand ambassador
- Comment - Feb08