Experian acquires Hitwise for $1900 million
According to statements, Experian sees the acquisition as a strengthening of its marketing services as well as an improvement on its position in market research.
"We have been successfully repositioning our Marketing Solutions business to meet our clients' needs as they continue to switch more of their advertising spend online. Hitwise, which is a rapidly growing, successful business, brings new, unique data to Experian and complements the existing data, tools and expertise that we already offer to clients in other areas such as research services and email distribution," Don Robert, CEO for Experian said.
Hitwise was founded in 1998, and collects and aggregates information for ISPs on how over 25 million consumers use and search the Internet in Asia Pacific, the US, UK and Australia - through monitoring website performances, clients can target online ad spend more effectively.
Experian Related Stories:
- Goodbye QR code, hello mobile site
- The penalties of late payments
- Experian loses Beardsell
- Brands not on the same page as consumers
- Embracing mobile marketing
- Are you optimising customer experience?
- Facebook's market share on the rise
- Google+ going strong in SG but not in HK
- Hong Kong's virtual habits exposed
- SNS & shopping sites continue to lure locals
- Experian wins GDB's credit card biz
- Experian expands search service to HK
- Experian widens local footprint
- Online's ad challenge
- F1 suffering from low interest online
- World Cup boosts social networking traffic
- Fans dig search engines for World Cup news
- Experian appoints regional marketing VP
- Beardsell takes top marketing role at Experian
- Las Vegas Sands taps CheetahMail