Apple Daily expands online video content
Hong Kong - Chinese language portal Apple Daily is moving to strengthen its online content, adding two additional webcast channels to its Apple Action News feature.
As online business has revolutionalized the mode of media operations, Sam Hui, GM of Next Media Webcast, said the group is move seeks to present news to audience through alternative medium.
Despite the continual growth of online ad spend, he added online media will fight for market share, given the fact that TV, print and outdoor are still the dominant mediums for advertisers.
Currently the online version of Apple Daily has six webcast channels including Finance, Racing, Soccer, Entertainment, Discussion and Kitchen.
The new Audio Visual and Beauty channels, which also run in the print edition of Apple Daily, will launch via a webcast this week, with advertising space available for marketers.
The feature encourages online users to comment and interact with the hosts of the shows and these comments will then run in print the following day after the webcast.
Hui said this way of communication will raise engagement between readers and media.
Apple Daily's video feature will soon be revamped, though no specific timeline has been outlined.
- Next Media
Next Media Related Stories:
- Next Media sells TV unit to ERA Communciations
- Case Study: Next Media's digital journey
- Sharp Daily puts brands into question
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Next Media quits Taiwan after 11 years
- Next Media eyes growth for Sharpon
- Apple Daily halts adult section
- Sharpon stuns shoppers in guerrilla push
- The real purpose behind Sharp Daily
- Next Media continues to make losses
- Anti-locust ad to fuel Mainland tensions
- Marketing TV: Sharp Daily launch
- Free, but at what cost?
- Next Media sets aside $10m for Sharp launch
- Next Media shores up free newspaper launch
- Next Media to animate the US market
- VDONext joins the iPad bandwagon
- VDONext pushes horse racing fun
- Pixel Media picks up VDONext
- Next reworks Apple Daily sales team