IHG promotes Yap to global role
He was previously PR and communications manager for IHG APAC for two-and-a-half years and was based in Singapore. Sheo Shanker Rai will be his replacement. Yap's remit has been expanded and further defined - he will handle PR for more than 150 hotels in over 60 countries. Over 60 new hotels in the Intercontinental chain are currently under development.
In his new role, Yap has a dual reporting line to Jenifer Zeigler, SVP global brand management for InterContinental Hotels & Resort and Leslie McGibbon, SVP global corporate affairs, IHG.
Yap is responsible for leading PR activities and will work with IHG regional communications teams, hotel-based PR directors and appointed PR agencies in key markets.
Prior to Dunbar Jones & Associates, which was Yap's first foray into PR, he was a reporter with TTG, after which he was regional communications manager for CNBC APAC before joining IHG.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group
Intercontinental Hotels Group Related Stories:
- IHG to speak at Travel Marketing Summit
- InterContinental names Thailand lead
- IHG inks management deal in Australia
- InterContinental brings Thai experience to guests
- Indonesia's turn to shine
- Crowne Plaza turns to newer cities
- IHG picks location for 1st Asian resort
- Southeast Asia gets luxury resort
- Profile: A healthy obsession
- IHG brings luxury to Koh Samui
- IHG consolidates global marketing with WPP
- BBC renews ad deal with InterContinental
- Mandarin Oriental appoints marketing director
- IHG consolidates with Mindshare
- Taking stock of total C&B plans
- IHG selects The Marketing Store
- Forging a stronger team
- Marketing travel and tourism in Asia
- Ruder Finn scoops IHG account
- New airport hotel gears up for take off