Eight Partnership gets a bite of Apple
Charles Brian-Boys, managing partner at Eight Hong Kong, said the agency is Apple's "localized communication agency", but given that they are in the early stage of the assignment, no further information can be disclosed.
Apple's PR agency Upstream Asia has also declined to comment on this appointment.
According to US trade magazine AdAge, TBWA's Tequila network was involved in a pitch that took in most Asia Pacific markets, excluding Japan.
Apple opened its first boutique store in China in June this year and is expected to open a retail store in Beijing in August.
- Eight Partnership
Apple Related Stories:
- Locals proud of home-grown companies
- How much is your CEO worth?
- iPad app takes protest movement global
- Apple: a lesson in crisis control?
- Apple: Genius needed?
- Android tablets tipped to outsell iPads
- Apple’s labour woes, Lanxess grows
- Twitter’s video platform sparks controversy
- New logistics hub, Apple makes TVs
- Apple to open third shop in Hong Kong
- Apple's iTunes continues rollout
- Industry picks Amazon over Apple
- Bizarre HR: The strange habits of CEOs
- What mini tablets mean for digital marketers
- Strike two for Apple manufacturer
- New tablet brings new woes to marketers
- Telecom brands get ready for iPhone 5 craze
- What the iPhone 5 means for retail marketers
- Can iPhone 5 match rising expectations?
- What now for Samsung?