Commercial Radio expands online audience reach
Hong Kong - Commercial Radio is leveraging on the internet beyond its role as a "secondary" media to attract online listeners.
It has revamped its website and developed a toolbar aimed at repositioning itself from a leading local station to one that connects with the global Cantonese-speaking community.
The station's official website, 881903.com features a Hong Kong Toolbar that uses P2P technology for online broadcasting to provide stable, high-quality streaming even for listeners overseas. Once the toolbar is installed, web users can listen to live broadcasts from the radio station, receive the latest news. Listeners can also access a newly launched music channel exclusive to the toolbar called the "Tan Button", hosted by DJ Sandy Chan.
The site is also Web 2.0 ready with a "hot button" that would be added later to provide a wide variety of interactive content from online games, voting, photos to video sharing.
Cheung To, general manager for Commercial Radio Interactive said,"This very new Hong Kong Toolbar cracked the ceiling of broadcasting and opens up a sky with no limits. Our focus is to deliver experience to users' liking -- not impression, not clicks".
- Commercial Radio
Commercial Radio Related Stories:
- Commercial Radio hires Chan as CEO
- Hirst: Media integration a must
- Video didn't kill the radio star
- Nielsen: Radio ad-spend spikes upwards
- CRM: Happy "balik-kampung” Malaysia!
- CRM reelects president Borhanuddin Osman
- Nielsen: SINAR claims top radio spot
- Commercial Radio extends Pixel partnership
- Radio's new wave
- Skull & Bones rolls out virtual trading room
- HTC taps radio toolbar for handset launch
- POAD nabs JCD AGM in new position