Tourism Australia creative to DDB, media pending
DDB beat off Saatchi& Saatchi in the final round. TA however has yet to finalise the appointment of a media buying agency as its contract with Carat ended on Monday, 30 June.
One of DDB Worldwide's first task is to leverage on the buzz around Australian director (of Moulin Rouge fame) Baz Luhrmann's latest movie, Australia, which will be released in November this year - focusing the efforts to maximise the global marketing and banking in on promotional opportunities.
"The movie which offers huge potential to put Australia in the spotlight globally and ignite the Australia brand to motivate people who will see the movie to then see the country," Tourism Australia's MD, Geoff Buckley said.
Incumbent M&C Saatchi, which created the controversial "So where the bloody hell are you?" ad fell off the shortlist in May. Sydney-based, Agency Register managed the pitch.
- DDB Worldwide
- MandC Saatchi
- Tourism Australia
- Saatchi & Saatchi
DDB Worldwide Related Stories:
- DDB moves creative HQ to China
- DDB leads Singapore Effie finalists
- Singapore consumers speak on health
- DDB gets Reebok globally
- Financial Times reinforces trust factor
- Ad 'superheroes' Moove on cabs to HOF
- 15 Singapore finalists up for One Show honour
- Portfolio Night returns to Hong Kong
- Singapore agencies set to grab D&AD honour
- Making the consumer talk
- Saatchis keeps its crown at HOF
- Agencies prove they're EFFIE enough
- DDB celebrates double ahead of World Effie Festival
- BBH hires three
- Portfolio Night 5 comes to Hong Kong