TNT strengthens network capability in SEA
Singapore - A new range of freight services for time-sensitive heavy shipments has been launched by TNT Express, the first in a series taken by the company to strengthen the company's network capability in Southeast Asia.
The launch is part of TNT's €100 million investment over the next five years to establish a leadership role in the region. The network capabilty would provide customers with the widest range of multi-modal freight services between Southeast Asia and Europe, China and Europe and within Southeast Asia.
The range of three custom-built services -- Express Freight, Economy Freight and Freight Plus -- will offer customers a door-to-door, day definite delivery service based on specific transit times schedules, fast-tracked customs clearance and full track and trace visibility without any reliance on third party organisations.
"When it comes to moving freight around the world, TNT's competitive advantage lies in our ability to act as a one-stop shop with solutions to meet all requirements, regardless of what our customers are shipping," said Onno Boots, regional managing director of TNT Southeast Asia.
He added that the company's upfront all-inclusive pricing together with the limited administrative requirements provide customers with a greater transparency and increased control over their time-sensitive export and import shipments when compared to traditional freight forwarding.
With the large demand for TNT's freight services driven by customers in the high tech, equipment and machinery and healthcare sectors who are increasingly moving large volumes of high-value goods between Southeast Asia, China and Europe, TNT expects the take-up rate of these services to be high.
The services are currently available in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. Selected services will be made available in other markets in the third quarter of the year.
- TNT Express
TNT Express Related Stories:
- TNT Express extends tennis sponsorship
- UPS breaks merger, Amgen in SG
- TNT sells stakes, UPS new rates
- Airlines enter JV, UPS-TNT merger
- UPS-TNT merger, Green shippers
- TNT’s CEO resigns, DHL ups prices
- Will the UPS-TNT merger pass?
- UPS-TNT finances in place
- UPS buys TNT for €5.16b
- TNT places APAC security HQ in SG
- TNT merges China into Asian road network
- TNT Express India appoints new MD
- TNT bridges China & Europe
- TNT stands up for local comedians
- TNT reports lower profits
- Uncovering hidden supply chain cost
- Missing: Paintings worth S$500,000
- TNT invests S$15 million (US$10.9 million) to expand Singapore country depot
- Asia pilot drives CEVA global restructuring
- TNT cargo to stopover in Singapore