CCTV and Olympic Torch reach new heights
A total audience of 170 million viewers witnesses the Olympic Torch reach the top of Mt Everest.
CSM Media Research's National People Meter panel reported 120 million viewers witnessed the event live through CCTV, with the rest watching the show via other Chinese TV media, such as Beijing Satellite TV.
Radio, internet, mobile phone TV and other media channels were the second most popular mediums for Olympic fans.
- CSM Media Research
CCTV Related Stories:
- Tudou and CCTV get the Olympics online
- CCTV's ad sales hit 17-year record high
- CNBC strikes key CCTV deal
- IPG upgrades China ad forecasts to US$21bn
- CCTV sets high hopes for news channel
- World Cup goes online at Youku.com
- MTV brings Nickelodeon online with CCTV
- CCTV auction records 20% growth
- CCTV picks up MTV kids format
- CCTV appoints new head after blaze
- SPTI cracks China's domestic TV market
- CCTV names Olympic online ad partner
- Focus denies SMS spam claim
- CCTV inks online Olympic deal