Supply chain app grow fastest in market
The application market to a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%, reaching US$11.16 billion by 2012 from US$6.43 billion in 2007, the study said.
The ‘Asia/Pacific Applications 2008-2012 Forecast and Analysis' report ranks the supply chain application markets in different countries Asia Pacific except Japan (APEJ).
China has been leading the line-up in 2007 accounting for 29% of the regional application market. Australia trailed behind with estimated 23.7% market share with Korea and India taking third and fourth place respectively. However, the report forecast that India will be overtaking Korea with their current CAGR of 20.9% within two years in the APEJ market.
Enterprise risk management (ERM) dominated the APEJ market Applications market in 2007 with 25.2% market share and a value of US$1.6 billion. Content Applications came in second with 21.7% while Services Industry Applications came in third with a value of US$1.1 billion. The Product Supply Chain Applications became the fastest growing market segment with a five-year CAGR of 14.5% and is predicted to grow from US$690.4 million in 2007 to US$1.4 billion by 2012.
Alan Tong, senior research manager of Asia Pacific Enterprise Applications Research at IDC said: "We anticipate that the recent downturn in the US economy would slow down demand of the Applications market in APEJ in 2008 with greater impact in countries such as Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, and Singapore."
IDC Related Stories:
- IT spending still going strong
- Banks hike up risk budgets
- More hope for smartphone makers
- Boeing partners BMW, Keppel inks
- Tech vendors, are you ready?
- 2013: A good year for IT vendors
- More demand for security goods
- More business for Big Data vendors
- Buyers’ demand for PC falls
- More growth for electronics shipments
- Market looking good for IT vendors
- Smartphone vendors: China's the target
- Tech vendors: Cut the wires
- Semiconductor growth continues
- Semiconductor growth still strong
- APAC staff to go mobile
- Singapore firms slow to adopt cloud computing
- More semiconductor M&A expected
- IDC engages Rice for regional comms
- Asian manufacturers blind to safety risks