BBDO China chases luxury clients
Shanghai - BBDO China has launched a new business unit Proximity Live aimed at providing communication insights and creative marketing initiatives for China's highly competitive luxury brand market.
Carol Potter, CEO for BBDO China, said there is a growing number of young affluent people in China who want premium brands and with the many luxury brands entering the market, the key is to differentiate the brand and provide customers with a unique experience.
She added the new unit will help grow the fashion and lifestyle luxury brands in China to give the brands a distinctive brand imagery.
Among some of the clients Proximity worked with included the Fendi Fashion Show on The Great Wall and engaging Gong Li in the promotion of Residence 8, a luxury residence in Xintiandi.
Proximity Live will deliver strategic marketing campaigns for luxury clients, including producing high profile events, celebrity and VIP management, new media initiatives and public relations.
Jude Robert and Angelito Tan will both oversee Proximity Live as managing partners.
Angelito Tan said a key challenge is to educate consumers particularly those in the 2nd and 3rd tier cities to ensure that the quality and heritage of the premium brands are rightly communicated.
Current clients include Fendi, Moet Hennessey, Montblanc, Diesel and Calvin Klein.
- BBDO China
BBDO China Related Stories:
- BBDO adds to management team
- J&J musical sings for women’s hygiene
- Proximity China beefs leadership team
- Pepsi stages Journey to the West
- Cakebread to lead BBDO's luxury arm
- GE brands with the words of children
- BBDO drives Mercedes-Benz beyond luxury
- BBDO China boosts creative team
- Almon Lam to depart BBDO Shanghai
- BBDO makes key hires across China
- Lay's celebrates simple joys
- BBDO promotes from within
- BBDO tipped for Tiffany & Co creative
- Job Shuffle -MMHK Aug 08
- Hans takes over planning role at BBDO China
- BBDO strengthens creative across China
- BBDO ends joint venture in China
- Seaton to head Pepsi business at BBDO China
- FedEx delivers China badminton team into offices