Iris creates board director roles
Singapore - Iris Singapore has hired group account directors Andrew Dowling and Chris Martell from Y&R and TBWA\Tequila Singapore respectively as board directors, a newly-created business development title.
Dowling previously from OgilvyOne will now head up client relations, drive new business growth across the region, and handle both the Adidas and CNN accounts, while Martell will drive the agency's largest account, Sony Ericsson, in Asia.
"Their vast integrated experience coupled with retail expertise will be a great asset to both the agency and our clients. These appointments will add further weight to our unique ability to offer clients a truly integrated solution to their business needs," Dan Saxby, MD for Iris Singapore, said.
Speaking on his new role, Dowling told Marketing that advertising as an industry has reached a fork in the road.
"Not so ‘new' media and a consumer who demands a two-way relationship has forced brands to re-evaluate their approach to market. Iris is a young and progressive agency, which has the culture, talent and drive to meet this challenge," he said.
- Young and Rubicam
- Iris Singapore Pte Ltd
Young and Rubicam Related Stories:
- Cancer Society ruffles women's skirts
- Y&R ties up with Hancomm
- 2013: It isn't business as usual
- How Caltex maneuvered its global rebrand
- Y&R wins Media Prima account
- Y&R finds market research partner
- What Singaporean youths want
- Vietnam comes of age
- WPP creates single unit for Colgate
- M1 retains Y&R
- Y&R China ropes in creative lead
- Danone’s Aqua wants to keep Indonesia clean
- TAFEP encourages mutual respect at work
- Y&R's VML acquires Qais
- Colgate looks beyond Y&R
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 10 November 2011
- Bank of Singapore gets relational
- FOMA Focus: William J. Manfredi
- Brand's tests locals for alertness
- Caltex pampers motorists