My Best Pitch - Apr08
Who was the client?
Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) for Global Entrepolis @ Singapore 2007 (GES 2007).
What was the brief?
We were assigned to garner pre-event publicity and increase brand awareness of GES 2007's four key components namely - manufacturing, technology, energy and exchange dealings.
What was memorable about the pitch?
The challenge was to reach out to media in as many countries as possible; our key markets were SE Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and the Indian Sub-continent. The result: stories were featured in The Prague Post and The Economic Times of India (notably).
How did you pull off the event/process?
We proactively got in touch with partners, exhibitors and speakers to get a better understanding of their offerings at GES 2007. This enabled us to line up a series of credible announcements and media pitches to gain as much media coverage as possible.
Who was there?
In addition to the daily newspapers, we also had numerous local and regional technology, business as well as broadcast media partners attending the four day event.
How did you create the buzz?
We emphasised the themes of GES 2007, which were Global Gathering, Growth Opportunities and Green Initiatives.
What feedback did you get?
The brief from the client was to reach as many countries as possible, and we managed to create news in 25 countries over all five key continents. The client was delighted.
What were the metrics on success?
To increase regional coverage by 20% and raise awareness on key components of the event, such as The Enterprise Exchange Exhibition.
What were the results?
Eastwest PR's media efforts generated about a third of the news articles before the event with significant coverage focused on exhibitors and partners of the event. Besides this, participants and exhibitors were profiled in the SE Asian media.
Is there anything you could have done better?
Nothing I can think of.
Eastwest Public Relations
- Economic Development Board
- EastWest Public Relations
Economic Development Board Related Stories:
- Government turns eye on marketing industry
- Creative industries desperate for talent
- EDB looks for social media agency
- HPB hunts for PR agency
- EDB seeks PR support in Germany
- Power 98 promotes brands on WhatsApp
- More investments come to SG
- EDB and WDA hunt for agencies
- EDB picks R3 for agency audit
- Hyper Island makes Asia foray
- EDB keeps a close watch on its agencies
- Recession fears deepen: What now?
- EDB concludes global pitch
- Manufacturing: There's hope yet
- Ate makes senior hires, EDB on PR hunt
- Singapore woos Indian companies
- Manufacturing and services sectors hit by the blues
- SAP launches regional research HQ
- More exec jobs this year
- Managing Gen Ys’ high expectations