ECCO names China PR
Shanghai – ECCO has chosen Ogilvy Public Relations Shanghai as its retainer agency in China this year.
The decision, according to ECCO China marketing direction Melissa Lim, was based on the agency’s “exciting ideas based on hard-driven consumer insights and strategies”.
“They impressed us from the concept development to their expertise in event management, and we’re confident in their ability to elevate ECCO’s brand image in China to the next level,” she said.
Debby Cheung, president of Ogilvy & Mather Group Shanghai, said she was sure the brand will be a hit in the country.
“Casual footwear is a trend that’s becoming a consumer favourite in China because of its comfort and style,” she said.
“As we take creative approaches to promoting ECCO’s founding philosophy that ‘the foot comes first’, and not the other way around, we’re certain that ECCO’s wide range of casual, formal and performance footwear will appeal to Chinese consumers.”
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
- Ogilvy and Mather
Ogilvy and Mather Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Death sparks debate on overtime
- Young Ogilvy employee dies from heart attack
- Ogilvy boosts its medical education offering
- M+S makes agency appointments
- GM 'there's no excuse for insensitivity'
- Coca-Cola turns strangers into friends
- Perrier parties with psychedelic hipsters
- Ogilvy snags Collins for top creative role
- Castrol gets clingy in new campaign
- Who says CSR is boring?
- Chen named to OgilvyOne Worldwide board
- O&M Shanghai looks to grow social offering
- O&M Beijing appoints new ECD
- Ogilvy serves virtual dumplings for CNY
- NHB appoints O&M for its PR duties
- Coca-Cola goes nice, lucky, crazy
- Ogilvy Singapore makes senior appointments
- O&M: Malls will be no longer necessary
- Top stories of 2012