Advergamers on Intel radar
Hong Kong - Intel has tapped MRM Worldwide to launch an advergaming initiative called the Silicon Commander, a multiplayer online real-time strategy game, aimed at promoting its processor technologies to IT decision makers in Asia.
The game that kicked off a few weeks ago has since attracted more than 3000 players where they take on the role of an IT manager who need to tackle viruses and other business challenges represented by desktop and notebook PCs.
Intel pointed out that unlike in-game product placements or single player mini-games advertisers typically deploy, Silicon Commander allows thousands of players to battle against one another at the same time.
In order to communicate the "complicated dynamic" and bring out the benefits between its Intel vPro processor technology and Intel Centrino Pro processor technology brands, the company has come up with the concept of advergaming.
"Our approach is simple: if we entertain our audience, they'll get the message and virtually experience the benefits through playing the game," Rupal Shah, Intel's marketing director for Asia Pacific said.
"With Silicon Commander, we don't just tell IT managers our story, we let them experience it for themselves," Shah added.
To lure its target audience to play the game, Intel gives away an Apple ipod Touch to the top player from the Asia Pacific region every week for 14 consecutive weeks and a grand prize of a Dell notebook will be given at the end of the year to mark the campaign's completion.
- MRM Worldwide
MRM Worldwide Related Stories:
- Nescafe takes new strategy for ice coffee
- MediaCom China beefs up digital front
- Nescafe jumps on growing social status
- Unilever names digital agency for SEA
- McCann introduces MRM Down Under
- Avaya's digital CRM strategy pays off
- McCann's local ECDs head regional council
- Ingvoldstad departs MRM Singapore
- Goodyear rolls out digital push
- The Upper Storey beefs up with senior hires
- R/GA Wins MasterCard
- Job of the Day: Account Manager, MRM Worldwide
- MRM eyes ASEAN growth
- MRM Worldwide wins LG Mobile account
- McCanns drive Exora hype ahead of unveil
- Lam to bolster MRM Asia Pacific
- DM Case Study Nov 2008
- GMP follows up on Raffles Place Ghost hoax
- Digital Account Director, MRM Worldwide
- MRM’s Faucon for NY