Nielsen Online expands portal coverage
Hong Kong - With online portals increasingly becoming a popular platform for advertisers to launch marketing campaigns, Nielsen Online has added an additional 12 to its current list of 40 portals it monitors for its Market Intelligence service.
The additional portals, which adds to the current list that include atnext.com, mingpao.com and sina.com, is in response to the rising demand among advertisers and website owners for more information on internet users' behaviour on this medium.
"Media planners and agencies can now gain a more complete picture of the Internet advertising market, which helps evaluate the effectiveness of their promotion campaigns," Joseph Kam, business development director, Nielsen Online for The Nielsen Company, Hong Kong said.
The online ad market in Hong Kong shows strong growth with online ad spend in the third quarter of 2007 at HK$163 million, according to Nielsen's latest AdRelevance study that comprised 900 advertisers and over 2000 campaigns.
Computers and electrical accounting for 17% of total ad pie leads other categories in online advertising, with education and learning taking second place and finance in third position.
- Nielsen Online
Nielsen Online Related Stories:
- Twitter and Nielsen create new TV metric
- Singapore consumer confidence peaks
- Filipino consumers second most confident
- Asia drives growth in online shopping
- Down but not defeated
- Nielsen snaps up Vizu
- Malaysian consumer confidence dips
- Singaporeans worried about work-life balance
- Malaysians optimistic over job prospects
- Online video consumption rises
- Citicorp tops online ad spending
- Account Manager, Nielsen Online
- TVB.com integrates ads to give soft sell look
- TVB.com strikes Nielsen Online deal
- Nielsen to test online effectiveness
- Online ad spend to hit $182.3m by 2010
- Nielsen Online strikes China web venture
- Finance dominates online spending
- Online spending hits $172m
- WOM best for online shopping