TGV gets creative with BFM
Malaysia - Last night, TGV Cinemas, together with BFM Radio, hosted the premiere of Iranian Oscar-winning film A Separation, as a part of the currently running WTF: What The Flick programme on BFM.
WTF: What the Flick is BFM's flagship movie review programme, hosted by Uma and Joe, in partnership with TGV.
TGV provides the halls for the screening of the movie, a move that demonstrates TGV's commitment to bring more independent films to Malaysian viewers, while BFM promotes the movies not only on air but on its Facebook and Twitter page.
"The programme is a good avenue to bring light to movies that deserve to be promoted. Through social media , we're also able to engage with our listeners and WTF community , " said Mailk Ali, founder and CEO of BFM.
"We look at BFM as a bold, inspiring and dynamic station which fits perfectly with our brand," Kenny Wong (pictured), CEO of TVG Cinemas, told A+M.
Wong added that what sets TGV apart is its creative innovations in cinematic experience, such as the Beanieplex theatre, which has beanbags in replacement of conventional foldable cinema chairs.
Pictures of the Beanieplex theatre went viral on Facebook last year and were picked up by popular joke site 9GAG and US-based tech site Gizmodo.
"This happened through word-of-mouth, which demonstrates the power of such form of advertising," said Wong. TGV spends 75% of its advertising budget on placing half-page movie listings on newspapers, with remaining 25% left for campaigns to promote brand awareness.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- BFM Media
BFM Media Related Stories:
- Are you ready to Harlem Shake?
- McCann wins gold at LIA
- Sliding in the B-Side
- BFM: Understanding mobile marketing
- Tuning in to a new frequency
- BFM: How to market to CEOs
- BFM: Making the connection with mobile
- Nando's speaks on widely acclaimed LCW ad
- Is the end near for tobacco advertising?
- Marketing Mojo: How to save ideas
- F&N uses AR, Shell tackles Greenpeace
- Who won Radio Broadcaster of the Year?
- BFM: Social media growing pains
- Checking in to location-based technology
- Marketing alcohol responsibly
- BFM: The appeal of online videos
- BFM : Looking into outdoor media
- BFM: Marketing to Malay consumers
- BFM Weekly Highlights:13 April
- BFM Weekly Highlight: 6 April