BBC extends relationship with PCCW
BBC Global Channels, one of six BBC Worldwide businesses, will introduce BBC Knowledge, BBC Lifestyle and kids channel CBeebies to the Hong Kong market from 17 October.
The move is the first time CBeebies will be available to audiences in North Asia, and only the second time that BBC Knowledge and BBC Lifestyle have appeared anywhere in the world. The two channels had their global launch in Singapore in July and CBeebies rolled out for the first time with BBC Entertainment in India in May this year.
BBC has an existing relationship with now TV, with BBC Entertainment available through the pay-TV network.
Christine Leo-McKerrow, senior vice president with BBC Global Channels Asia-Pacific, said BBC had a "long-established" relationship with now TV.
"Launching three high-quality channels from one of the world's most trusted broadcasters on now TV was a natural fit," she said in a statement.
- BBC Worldwide Global Channels - Asia
BBC Worldwide Global Channels - Asia Related Stories:
- TEC names MD, EA Mobile picks PR agency
- Aegis hires, TransAsia engages Facebook fans
- BBC promotes Ghai to VP
- BBC boosts profile on StarHub
- Whitehead surfaces at BBC
- BBC’s Leo-McKerrow calls it a day
- BBC makes a song and dance in Hong Kong
- BBC promotes Tan to regional role
- BBC Global pulls out all stops for Top Gear
- BBC HD now on demand
- BBC brings new channels to Indonesia
- CNBC loses Cordeiro to BBC
- Shine On
- BBC Worldwide acquires iconic travel guide
- Big Question - Sep07
- New South Asia GM for BBC Global Channels