AirAsia Philippines boosts market presence
Philippines - AirAsia has launched its maiden flight from Clark International Airport to Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, further beefing up its presence in the market.
In an attempt to reel tourists into the city, AirAsia also offered promotional prices to travelers until 22 April. The city of Palawan and its numerous tourist attractions have also been highlighted on the carriers official website, with travel deals to the city lasting until 31 July 2012.
AirAsia launched in the Philippines late last month with its first two flights heading to two popular tourist destinations, Boracay and Davao.
"Puerto Princesa's new found fame as one of the new seven wonders of nature has generated a lot of interest from both local and international tourists," Maan Hontiveros, AirAsia CEO, said.
He also further emphasised that AirAsia aims to leverage on this new found treasure to provide smooth connectivity for both domestic and international travelers.
Currently, parent company AirAsia holds 40% equity in the Philippines unit, while the remaining 60% is held by Filipino investors Hontiveros, Michael Romero and Antonio Cojuangco.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com
AirAsia Related Stories:
- Chandilya new CEO at AirAsia India
- Five ways to be a boss like Branson
- LOOK: Virgin boss in a dress
- [LOOK] Branson in a dress
- AirAsia gets energised with EQ8
- Are elections promotions a good idea?
- Coffee, tea or Branson?
- CEOs cannot function without HR
- Tune Insurance fuels on social media
- Wong takes commercial role at AirAsia
- Talent Management 2013: The CEO's role in managing talent
- AirAsia's Jasmine Lee joins U Mobile
- FMFA announces sponsors
- AirAsia ramps up Singapore presence
- AirAsia X offers "Quiet Zone"
- AirAsia’s 1Malaysia campaign takes flight
- AirAsia makes multiple promotions
- backick kicks around discounts
- Banks, telcos make up top MMVB winners
- Ishsal preps for AirAsia makeover