TBWA clinches AIA China account
Shanghai – AIA China has named TBWA\Greater China as its new agency of record in mainland China, following a pitch against other 4A agencies.
This extends TBWA's relationship with AIA after the agency's Hong Kong office won the regional creative account across Asia Pacific in October 2011.
Jeff Ma, chief marketing officer of TBWA\Greater China, said the strategic business extension from Hong Kong to mainland China helped AIA to achieve their marketing goals in the region.
"We already have a strong portfolio in financial services category. Now with AIA, we can further develop insights and expertise in this fast growing market," Ma said.
Joanne Lao, managing director of TBWA\Hong Kong and regional team leader on AIA’s business, added that TBWA's teams have been working closely on strategy and creative customised for the local China market.
“It’s another strong example of how we leverage resources and the strength of our network to support our client’s business,” Lao said.
TBWA\Shanghai has confirmed that Shel Liu from JWT has joined the team to head up the account management on AIA China, Visa and Standard Chartered Bank.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TBWA China
- TBWA Hong Kong
TBWA China Related Stories:
- Confession shines light on weary industry
- In BRIEF: CatchOn, TBWA, GroupM
- Adidas says stay fit while waiting for the bus
- Absolut calls artists to fill in the blanks
- Citizen names TBWA creative AOR
- TBWA\ adds to regional PR team
- Chan takes on ECD gig at TBWA\Beijing
- TBWA\ adds senior weight to Nivea account
- Jeff Ma to lead TBWA Shanghai
- TBWA strengthens focus in Greater China
- TBWA loses China CEO
- Rapp hires Gearing in MD role
- Skittles spreads 'liberation' in China
- AB-InBev taps TBWA\ in China
- A lethal mix
- TBWA China's golden touch for Adidas
- Poster, Outdoor, Cyber and TV Lotus winners named
- Eachnet appoints TBWA\
- China Unicom hands GSM brands to TBWA\China