OMG boosts digital with NIM buyout
Shanghai – In a bid to shore up its digital growth in China, Omnicom Media Group (OMG) has acquired NIM Digital, a local agency specialising in search, digital media and production services.
The buyout aims to broaden OMG’s digital expertise and scale to benefit its client portfolio.
Doug Pearce (pictured second left), CEO of OMG China, told Marketing that the two agencies would work independently after the acquisition as NIM Digital is a "renowned digital agency" in China.
OMG and NIM has been working on projects for SanDisk China and Amway since last year.Founded in 2004, NIM Digital has grown over the years from a digital media buying agency into a full-service firm.
Benny Zhu, founder and president of NIM Digital said the agency is excited to join OMG as the combined resources will enhance their positions in the market and enable NIM Digital to add value to its media service.
Barry Cupples, CEO of OMG Asia Pacific said NIM Digital will be a great asset as it has a strong local presence and industry expertise.
“Both Omnicom Media Group and NIM Digital’s clients will benefit from the combined entity’s increased media communication scale, digital media portfolio and expanded service offerings," Cupples said.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group Related Stories:
- Carlsberg tests friendships on Facebook
- PHD hires second client services director
- OMG appoints search lead for Asia
- Danny Chin to lead OMG operations as GM
- Omnicom sparks Fuse in Malaysia
- Omnicom sets up Social@OMG
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Omnicom names head of search
- OMG appoints Smith as Annalect lead
- Vogiatzakis joins INTI advisory board
- WPP accelerates digital growth with latest buy
- Spring Singapore settles $5.5m media account
- OMG takes on Asia's massive mobile sector
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- PHD Malaysia makes digital hire
- What will our future hold?
- OMG restructures search brands in APAC
- PHD bags Bentley's global account
- OMG Malaysia publishes book plus more
- OMD Malaysia appoints Lim as MD