InMobi enters Taiwan
Taipei - Mobile advertising network InMobi has expanded into Taiwan after seeing a fifteen-fold increase of mobile ad impression in the market last year.
The move into Taiwan is part of InMobi's global expansion plan. The agency served one billion mobile ad impressions in the fourth quarter of 2011 in Taiwan, a 15-times growth compared to the same period in 2010.
Phalgun Raju, regional director and general manager, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan of InMobi, said establishing an on-ground presence in Taiwan will let the agency better serve local advertisers and capitalise on the growth.
"Over the next few months, we are looking to hire the best local talent with an in-depth knowledge of the Taiwanese mobile landscape and consumer preferences," Raju said.
According to InMobi, Taiwan is one of the world's most sophisticated mobile markets. HTC dominates with 46% market share, followed by Samsung (20%) and Apple (11%).
InMobi supported campaigns in Taiwan for brands including Estee Lauder, China Airlines and Taiwan Mobile.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InMobi Related Stories:
- Behind Indonesia's mobile growth story
- Mindshare and InMobi ink partnership
- Mobile ads most effective in Vietnam
- In BRIEF: InMobi, Singapore Flyer, Ikea
- InMobi spreads the word with Text 100
- InMobi sets foot in Thailand
- Mobile further entrenched in consumers' lives
- In BRIEF: Microsoft, InMobi, Wunderman
- IN BRIEF: InMobi, The Economist, Sony
- Alcatel-Lucent’s Swan moves to InMobi
- Ad impressions touch the billion mark
- InMobi gets US$200 mn boost
- FOMA Focus: Awards categories announced
- Australian mobile ad market grows
- InMobi acquires rich media firm
- InMobi supports enterprise app development
- Maxis’s Cheng joins InMobi
- Amobee inks deal with InMobi
- VIDEO: Mobile not a mere extension of digital
- Joint move for 3D ad solution